Hello guys welcome to 24to7mac today in this article we are talking about How to Extract Text From Images on Windows 11 . On Windows 11, you can now extract text from any image file thanks to the new “Text Extractor” feature available on PowerToys version 0.62.0 and higher releases.
The feature will come in handy in many situations. For example, when you need to copy text from a receipt that you may have taken a picture of, information from an important document, or to get the address or phone number of a sign in the background of a picture.
PowerToys is an application that includes a set of utilities to improve the Windows experience. The app is aimed at advanced users, but anyone can use it. For instance, the app includes a window manager to make it easier to create different layouts.
It also includes an image resizer, bulk file rename tool, keyboard manager to remap keys, and color picker, and with the release of version 0.62.0, you’ll find a tool that uses OCR technology to extract text from any image format.
Also read this : XIAOMI 13 ULTRA MAY HAVE A 1-INCH CAMERA SENSOR AND 200W CHARGING
Extract Text From Images on Windows 11
Now, if you use PowerToys on Windows 11, you can utilize the ‘Text Extractor’ to extract texts from any picture. Hence, if you are interested in extracting text from images on Windows 11, you are reading the right guide. Below, we have shared a step-by-step guide on extracting text from any image.
1) Install PowerToys on Windows 11
The very first step includes installing PowerToys on Windows 11 computers. Follow some of the simple steps shared below to install PowerToys on a Windows 11 computer.
1. First, click on the Windows 11 start menu and type Command Prompt. Right-click on the Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
2. On the Command Prompt, enter the following command to install PowerToys.
winget install –id Microsoft.PowerToys
3. Now command prompt will ask you to agree to all terms. Type Y and press the Enter button.
That’s it! This will immediately install the latest version of PowerToys on your Windows 11 computer.
2) Extract Text from Images using PowerToys
After installing PowerToys, you can use it to extract text from any images. Follow some simple steps below to extract text from any image using PowerToys.
1. First, launch the PowerToys application on your Windows 11 computer.
2. On the left side, click on the Text Extractor option. On the right side, click on the Open Settings button.
3. On the next page, enable the toggle for ‘Enable text extractor‘
4. Now open the image whose text you want to copy. Next, press the
Windows + Shift + T key to launch the Text extractor.
5. Now select the text you want to copy. Selecting the text will automatically copy the text to your clipboard.
So, these are some simple steps to extract text from any picture on Windows 11. If you need more help extracting texts from an image in Windows 11, let us know in the comments below.
Also read this : Google confirms Pixel 7 series will run on new ‘Tensor G2’ chip
Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQs )
Today in this article we are talking about How to Extract Text From Images on Windows 11 If you have any doubt related this post feel free to comment below. we really try to solve your problem. I hope you like the post. please Share Comment for more updates.
All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. 24to7mac.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information.
If you require any more information or have any questions about our site’s disclaimer, please feel free to contact us by contact form.